One big part of my job is to act as a liaison to various departments around campus. These departments are inline with my education, professional background, and interests. Currently, my liaison departments are:
- Computer Applications
- Fashion Merchandising
- Gender Studies
- Interiors and Furnishings
- Visual Arts (includes photography)
So what exactly do I do for these departments? Various things! A sampling includes the following:
- Serve as the library’s primary contact for designated departments/programs/academic units,
- Design and teach general and subject-focused instruction sessions
- Provide active outreach to faculty, staff, and students of that department
- Develop print and electronic collections that support the curriculum
- Assist faculty members with effective integration of library resources into the curricula
- Assist the department in accreditation materials
Examples of the work that I do can be found on the individual Subject Guides for each of the aforementioned liaison departments. Subject Guides are similar to Wikipedia in that everything you ever wanted to know about a particular topic at GRCC can be found on its own GRCC Subject Guide site, it is curated by a GRCC librarian, and it is publicly available.
Additionally, I also manage the Subject Guides for the following topics that do not fall within a specific liaison area, but are part of my work.